After great demand, it is my pleasure to inform that Neuroscientific painmodulation is coming to Copenhagen, Denmark, on the 17. – 18. June 2023.
Neuroscientific painmodulation is an innovative two-day course focusing on pain research and painmodulation. Neuroscientific pain modulation is a scientific and principle-based approach to the treatment of diagnoses where the pain is the cardinal symptom, ie, all diseases and musculoskeletal problems where the pain is the dominant patient complaint.
The updated, expanding, and modified version has well over 500 citations of scientific peer-review articles. As such, the course represents a much-needed update to the governing theories, narratives, philosophies, and world-view which is present in pain management. The aim and end goal is to help clinicians and therapists integrate an often frustratingly complicated amount of clinically valuable research, enabling them to make more informed choices about the care of the person in front of them.
Research in itself does not help people; the skillful clinical reasoning of a clinician or therapist does. Only health professionals, who clinically work with people in pain, can implement and apply the research. Everyone we take under our care deserves this.
Download the course poster as a pdf file here.
Read what previous participants say about the course:
“Lars is among the most knowledgeable in the field about the science of musculoskeletal pain and how to apply it to practice. The course is an invaluable resource for updating the knowledge of musculoskeletal professionals.” Jocelyn, Registered Massage Therapist
“Lars Avemarie is a very sharp teacher, with his finger on the pulse, and it represents a paradigm shift in pain modulation and treatment” Tobias, Physiotherapist
“Easily the best pain management course I’ve attended. You get a great overview of the research, but more importantly, the opportunity to break down your own biases with a true master of reflective practice. Doesn’t matter what your approach is, the course will help you break it down and rebuild with solid fundamentals, giving you way more confidence to tackle challenging cases.” Simon, Physiotherapist
“One of the most knowledgeable people in the field can definitely be recommended to seek new or updated knowledge here” Jonas, Physiotherapist
“The content of the course is need-to-know about the latest evidence and paradigms within pain science for people who want to be taken seriously as health professionals” Christopher, Physiotherapist
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes:
- Learn an updated approach to the treatment of pain that you can immediately apply in your clinical practice that reinforces and enhances the approach you already use
- Get a thorough and in-depth review of the many different factors which modulate pain, as a strong and fundamental starting point for an updated approach to the treatment of patients with pain.
- Learn a scientific and principle-based approach to the treatment of all diagnoses where pain is the cardinal symptom, where pain is the patient’s predominant symptom.
- Get an in-depth and detailed review of the most used modalities within pain management, as well as an innovative guide to choosing modalities, and a current and updated model for clinical reasoning in pain rehabilitationsymptom
- Get a detailed manual and workbook with well over 50 pages of written content to aid the update of the governing theories, narratives, philosophies, and worldview in pain management.
Practical information :
Participants: Anyone working professionally with people in pain, like Chiropractors, Personal Trainers, Massage Therapists, Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Nurses, and Occupational Therapists.
Place: Københavns Professionshøjskole, Sigurdsgade 26, 2200 København N
Dates: 17. – 18. June 2023, both days from 09.00 to 17.30
Cost: 2750 DKK (excl. booking fee) for the course, including the comprehensive manual and workbook
Register and reserve your spot here; note the number of participants is limited to 20 participants.