Pain-mentor is a specialization in principle-based pain rehabilitation. The program’s focus is to provide you with increased expertise in pain management and to take benefit from the great gold mine of research and science-based knowledge about pain that we have access to today.
The mentorship is an uncompromising and comprehensive inquiry into pain research, modulation, and rehabilitation. It represents a scientific and principle-based approach to treating diagnoses where the pain is the cardinal symptom, i.e., all diseases and musculoskeletal problems where the pain is the predominant patient complaint.
The pain-mentor program is geared towards health professionals who want to work from the current research and scientific knowledge base, as well as use an updated treatment strategy with their patients. The program is for health professionals who do not wish to pass on myths or debugged knowledge. The program, with its strong scientific base, represents a necessary update of the fundamental theories and elements of traditional physiotherapy and pain management. In the mentor program, there is a special focus on evidence-based practice, clinical reasoning, and critical thinking. Something that, unfortunately, is a major shortcoming in most health professionals’ education programs.
Clinical Pain-mentorship Objectives and learning outcomes:
• Learn the latest pain research and an updated model for clinical reasoning that you can immediately apply in your practice that reinforces and enhances your practice.
• Get a comprehensive research-driven perspective on the pain experience as an essential key point for an updated approach to rehabilitating people living with pain.
• Learn a scientific and principle-based “stepwise” approach to the treatment of all diagnoses where the pain is the cardinal symptom, i.e., all diseases and musculoskeletal pain problems where the pain is the predominant patient complaint.
• Get an extensive workbook and manual to aid and facilitate the modernization of pain rehabilitation and learn an innovative approach to pain care. It is an essential part of the mentorship and will set the stage for continual work. The manual has over 70 pages of written content and almost two hundred pages of carefully selected research to provide a comprehensive research-based perspective on pain.
• Learn a thorough and in-depth review of the many different factors which modulate pain as a strong and fundamental starting point for a modern rehabilitation approach.
• Learn to convey and explain the latest neuroscience knowledge about pain to patients through the use of images and metaphors in an easy and understandable way.
After ending the mentorship, the goal is to be specialized in modern pain research and principle-based pain rehabilitation. The mentees have learned the latest research and evidence in the field of pain management, relevant research, and the science of pain and treatment. This means that you, as a patient, can expect an updated and current treatment strategy if you are treated as a patient by a health professional who has undergone pain mentorship.
An application for admission to the mentorship indicates that the mentee wants to base the treatment of patients on an updated and a state of the art rehabilitation strategy based on scientific-based knowledge. Once you have completed a Pain-mentorship, you receive a certificate of participation as an indication of the great amount of work and the amount of scientific material you have reviewed.
Who is the Pain Mentorship for?
The pain-mentor program is for anyone working professionally with people in pain, like Chiropractors, Massage Therapists, Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, MDs, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, and Personal Trainers.
What do you get?
- An extensive workbook and manual (in hardcopy) with over 70 pages of unique content
- A USB flash drive with 2 hrs of custom presentations and supplementary material
- A unique selection of must-read research on pain rehabilitation focused on a comprehensive research-based perspective on pain rehabilitation.
- Online support for the duration of the program
- Access to an exclusive online group with additional resources and information.
What does it cost?
The 25-week Pain Mentorship program modified to self-directed learning only costs $145. If interested, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact information. The payment should be made as a single online payment using a PayPal PayPal.Me link.
A “Diploma of Participation” will be provided in recognition of attendance to mentees who finish the mentorship and all the written assignments. A short essay will be required for the attainment of the diploma on the topic of lessons learned and errors in modern pain rehabilitation.